The average cost of a personal trainer in Galway is €40 per gym session. Do you think this is expensive? Let's break it down and see if it's worth the cost...
1. Expertise: Personal trainers are experts in fitness and can provide guidance on proper form, exercise selection, and program design. If you decide to wing it and figure it out as you go, you ring the risk of injuries first and foremost, and a much longer time period to see results. The removal of mistakes immediately results in better time management. You are paying for knowledge that will result in you reaching goals and targets quicker.
2.Motivation: Personal trainers will help keep you motivated by setting goals, providing feedback, and holding you accountable. Often a trainer is there to keep you on the right track, they will ask questions about your commitment, nutrition and achieving goals. Your trainer acts as your training partner who won't let you slack off and miss the days when you don't feel like showing up.
3. Injury: Without proper guidance on form and technique, you may be at a higher risk of injury. Personal trainers can help ensure that you are using proper form and technique, which can reduce the risk of injury. An injury is costly on your bank balance, often a physio will charge more than a trainer. Your progress may come to a grinding halt and then rehab begins where achievements should be.
4. Plateaus: If you are not varying your workouts or pushing yourself to new limits, you may experience a plateau in your progress. Personal trainers can help you avoid these plateaus by introducing new exercises, increasing the intensity of your workouts, and providing new challenges. This is called progressive overload and it is essential to constant progress. The body needs something to adapt to make progress.
5. Time Management: Personal trainers can help you create a workout program that fits your schedule and lifestyle. Without their guidance, you may struggle to find the time to exercise. With a trainers guidance no time is wasted. Your time is precious and making the most of all of the time you can allow to your sessions is extremely important to achieving goals and targets in the shortest amount of time possible.
6. Longevity: Your over all health and your longevity are greatly increased though regular exercise. Resistance training will increase muscular strength, bone density, and ligament and tendon durability. Cardiovascular exercise will increase your heart strength, your lungs will be able to take in more oxygen and with a stronger heart your circulatory system will function at a much higher rate. You get one body to live your life with and a stronger body that has a high rate of cardiovascular ability results in increased longevity and a vastly increased quality of life.
Hiring a personal trainer can be costly, however a good trainer is worth paying for. A healthier version of you is not only possible but an absolute guarantee if you hire a good personal trainer. Your life, happiness and wellbeing are worth far more than the short term cost of a personal trainer.